Many Indians born in 1960s to 1980s must be having nostalgic memories of watching first 3d movie “Chota Chetan” in theatre during childhood days. That was for the first time we were all blown away with three dimensional concepts. 3D Televisions and DVD/Bluray players has been around for more than 5 years now, but the cost of acquiring this technology & content unavailability always held us back.
Good news is on 31-December-2013 Tata Sky starts 3D broadcast on High Definition boxes that is HD and HD+. With this 3D affordable content starts entering your home.
Lets see what it takes for you to enjoy 3D Movie at your home or if there are any economic ways to adopt 3D in household.
This is what you need to enjoy Tata Sky 3d Broadcast:
- Any 3D Television or 3D monitor with HDMI input.
- 3D glasses, as many people would like to watch the TV.
- Tata Sky HD or HD+ set top box.
- on 31-December-2013, Tata Sky is offering Avengers and Planes Movie on Showcase for Rs. 150 from your Tata Sky account.
(If you renew yearly for Tata Sky Annual HD Mega Pack you can use 6 credits you get for watching Showcase movies. You can watch these two movies free with those credits.)
Following are photos clicked directly from Television today while Planes 3D Movie broadcast was going on.
You don’t have 3D TV and looking for options?
- If you are planning to buy 3D Television, you should consider buying LG 3D TV. LG has passive 3D glasses which come very cheap does not require any re-charge and they are very light weight.
- If you wish to drastically cut the cost to jump into 3D movie viewing at home, you can look for the LG 3D Monitor. LG 3D Monitor Model LG-D2342P comes for about Rs. 16,500. This is 23 inch monitor comes with pair of passive 3D glasses, you can buy 3 more glasses for only Rs. 500 and start viewing 3D content.
You have Tata Sky SD connection & don’t have Tata Sky HD or HD+ box
- If you have regular SD Tata Sky Box, you can upgrade that to HD or HD+ box. I would highly recommend to go for HD+ box as you are anyway paying huge HD yearly subscription which is same for both the boxes. You can upgrade existing Standard Definition (SD) to HD+ for Rs. 4999. For one time cost you will have completely different Television experience. This will change your perspective to watching television as you will not be rushing home to watch any of your show. You can just keep that for recording and watch at your convenience.
- You can even bring your Tata Sky HD+ box on Wifi or ethernet network and control the box from your Android or Apple Phone send recording commands remotely from anywhere.
You have some other set top box like Dish TV, Videocon D2H, Airtel, Reliance BigTV or Sun Direct
- As this is just beginning, I am sure everyone else will start the 3D broadcast on their boxes, so please wait for few months and keep a watch how other Satellite TV operators are responding.
Do you need 5.1 speakers home theatre system ?
- Well, it is not compulsory but if you have 5.1 home theatre which takes HDMI input and processes 5.1 audio through speakers and sends one HDMI out to television you can get perfect Multiplex like experience at home.