Most famous and highly marketed version of Apple iOS 6 is ready for distribution. This was released by Apple on 19-Sept-2012 (Wednesday). Apple maintains different version of iOS distribution for each device. Surprisingly when you try to download iOS 6 for iPhone 4s from device, it is smaller. Same iOS 6 for iPhone 4s, when you download through iTunes it is larger.
Apple iOS 6 update is only 626 MB for Apple iPhone 4s when downloaded through phone itself.
iOS 6 update for Apple iPhone 4s is 912.8 MB when downloaded through Apple iTunes.
If you maintain the iCloud backup for the phone, it is highly recommended to download Apple iOS 6 through device only rather than Apple iTunes. That will be faster and reliable. I’ve seen many time download failures on iTunes for iOS 6 at about 70%. Somehow it is not resuming the download. That is the feature which is available with App Store and works very nice.
Apple iOS 6 brings 200 new features to Apple devices mainly worth mentioning.
- Apple’s own version of Maps
- Youtube is not pre-bundled, but available as separate App
- SIRI now also available on iPad
- Passbook, wallet like app to store your coupons, movie tickets or boarding passes.
- Twitter, Facebook and many other social networking apps are in built in iOS.
- Shared Photo streams
- Facetime available through cellular operators now
- Text messages and voicemail features on receiving of phone call.
- Advanced Mail app and Safari Browser
- Accessibility with guided access
- Camera app with Panorama photo capabilities
- Find my iPhone, Find my Friends.
- iPhone – 3GS, 4, 4S, 5
- iPod Touch: 4th and 5th generation
- iPad: 2 and New iPad
Leave a Reply