Attended WordCamp 2012 Mumbai on 20th and 21th October at Prabodhan Thakre Natya Mandir, located in Boravali West. Very Near to Chamunda Circle.
There were two tracks in this event, one for regular wordpress user, other for developers. Event was supported by team of indiblogger. Hashtag used is #WCMUM.
Two day event cost was Rs. 1500 which could be paid on Ayojak website online. This is how you get ticket for online booking.
By Presenting this online ticket you get Attedance Card as shown below.
|Time||User Track||Developer Track|
|09:00 am||Keynote – IndiBlogger Team, R. Bhavesh|
|10:00 am||why blogging and why wordpress for it – Gaurav Singh||WordPress Initialization : What, When Where – Amit Kumar|
|11:00 am||Powering the brands Through WordPress – Nishtha||Theme development _S – Philip moore|
|12:00 am||How to be spartans of Social Media – Jaydip Parikh||WordPress Security and Backup – Jayant|
|03:00 pm||Scaling Up Your Blogging Business – Going From $1 to $1 Million – Ajeet Khurana||Online Marketing. Simplified – Prasad Shejale|
|05:00 pm||Art of Video Blogging Suresh kumar||Internationalize your WordPress theme and Plugin – Shashank Chinchli|
|06:00 pm||Exploring rtPanel – Dinesh Jain*||Scaling up WordPress in the Cloud – Puneet Sahahlot|
|Time||User Track||Developer Track|
|09:00 am||Google, you and WordPress – Mitesh Sanghvi|
|10:00 am||Adwords and Adsense 101 – Subhash Chandra*|
|11:00 am||Mobile App Development – Gaurav Singh|
|12:00 pm||Discussion Table|
|03:00 pm||Going Responsive with HTML5 and Android – Prajyot Mainkar|
|04:00 pm||Plugging In- Ajay patel|
|05:00 pm||Social Search Optimization – Nitesh singh|
Slides by Philip Moore available here : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35851890/_s.pdf
Internationalization Slides available here : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw0yVeoqzM7zV1NzVTVOeHNzUjg/preview
Gangnam Style dance performance at WordCamp 2012 Mumbai
What you get at the end of WordCamp 2012?
- Certificate of Attedance
- Badge from WordPress.org
What was good about the event?
- Some of the People who presented the wordpress sessions were really experts.
- Topics & sessions considered for WordCamp were very appropriate.
- Cost of attending this event was very affordable. Also thanks to Indiblogger.in for discount coupon.
- Opportunity to meet with some WordPress Business genius and ask questions.
- If you are true WordPress lover. WordPress.org Badges will mean a lot to you.
What didn’t go well ?
- First day event was delayed by one hour, second day first session on developer track was delayed by half hour.
- Place was not really good for organizing multiple tracks. ‘C’ wing was the worst where there was no air-conditioning and lot of noise from Fans. Many people couldn’t hear presenter properly.
- Internet connectivity affected many presentation. Some of the sessions were not planned or rehearsed well.
- Food and Caterer was pathetic. Second day developer track dinner was thought less plan.
You guys rocking…thanks for the share 🙂
Thats very nice photos dude. Thanks.
Love the silhoutte pic of Puneet 🙂
Nice, you published only dev talks.
Thanks a lot for snaps !
Good points you included, Write your thought on User Track sessions and are they related to WP users or not ?
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and pics. I was the “least” clicked person 😉 So these are going to be good for me.
Nice round-up! Missed the second day though which apparently seems was more interesting from pics.
thanks a ton for sharing this an honest review about the camp,
i again apologize for incovenience caused during the event,
We would take care of stuffs mentioned next time around and would hopefully have support from WordPress developers from around the country 🙂
Thanks for being there and making this event a memorable one 🙂
P.S: I might use some of the images and give a link back from WordCamp Mumbai site 🙂
Really missed it.. Thanks for let know so much details (with pics) about the same 🙂
Now waiting to get hands on videos 😉